Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat!

We kicked off the Halloween festivities one week early with the carving of the pumpkins. The kids were so excited to carve pumpkins that we grew in our own yard. Now, when you're doing the pumpkin thing it's important to have - first and foremost - an elegant carving tool. Like Rob's hack saw.




















This year I asked the kids to please, please, please pick costumes that we already own. I love to sew and can sew but I just didn't feel like sewing costumes. It would take time away from my other projects. They looked so cute!! We had the best trick or treat weather ever!! No coats needed - how fun is that? Lucky me, it was my year to take the kids around the neighborhood. Rob is back on next year when it will be snowing.








4 comments:

The Artist's Life Experiment said...

Hello Wild Monkeys! Great pumpkin carvings, and all with that fine hack-saw? We appreciate greatly your comments on our adventures in Greece. It's great to see what you have been up to! Tina and Jeff

Jess said...

AMY!!!!! Hey girl how are you? Your fam looks so cute and you sure are a busy one. I miss all you guys. I still have not found Alexa.....or sarah H. But after that I think we've got them all. Did katie marry Josh? Crazy. How is your fam doing. I didn't see sarah blog cuz she blocked. How is she? I miss you......

Ben & Mona said...

Good to see pictures of your cute family. Your kids are getting so big! You are a go getter! And so talented. Thanks for hooking me into your blog. Maybe we can stay in touch better now!

RickAndGina said...

Cute pics! Looks like it was a fun Halloween. The kids look so cute especially little "toot".