Sunday, November 9, 2008

Recipes!!!

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
Cooking instructions: Make like pancakes. We topped them with apple pie filling and they were so good! The kids loved them and that's saying something. They're pretty healthy, too. Before you comment, I consider pie filling a serving of fruit. And for those of you who know me... I grew the apples and bottled the pie filling myself, used one of my home grown pumpkins, and ground the whole wheat flour in my wheat grinder.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Hey Amy...you are still so funny. Gina left me a comment on my blog. It was good to talk to her. I would love to see sarah and her family and see how they are doing. Ask her if I could go to her blog. Give me a call. Chelsea is going into health and fitness and has some questions.
801.807.8546 Thanks girl!!

Diana said...

How fun to get reconnected with all the High School friends. Your fam is darling - we all need to plan a little get together.

RickAndGina said...

Yes, we're back. I am now in search of a job, yet again! This is the pits! I registered for school because I told Rick that I am sick of people telling me that I am not qualified to do a job that any idiot could do. Ya know?

Camille said...

Amy!

I found you on Tina's blog. So good to see your cute kids. We have our goats, you'll have to visit them some time when you are up. I bet your little ones will love them!
I also started a blog - camillesgarden.blogspot.com

Camille

The G-Funk! said...

Holy crap, Amy. That's a ton of work. Bottle your own apples? Grind your own wheat? I'm crapping myself over here at the very thought.