Monday, November 17, 2008

The latest from "Project Central"



Here is proof that my craft room is not a black hole where projects enter, never to be seen or heard from again. I started this for my Aunt Tina 2-3 years ago. I never said I was fast. Actually, this particular project met with several pitfalls - including but not limited to: finishing the basement which rendered my sewing room inoperational for several months, the destruction of my ironing board by the local natives, planting season/harvest, and the birth of at least one child - possibly two. It isn't top stiched yet but I couldn't wait to get the pictures up!!

Here's a close up of the pieced block - It doesn't show the detail of the green fabric very well, but trust me, it's totally cute! The pattern is from an Amish quilt book. I wonder if the Amish girls are using a different system of measurement than we are. The book said these would be 10 1/2 in blocks - they are 11. Consequently, I have a few scraps left over & my corners aren't as nice as I'd like. Tina, if you want, I can cover the corners with buttons - Let me know. Perhaps I'll stick with Better Homes & Gardens from now on!

2 comments:

The Artist's Life Experiment said...

Jeff says that any day I am sad, he is going to "wrap me in that thing like a Tina burrito!" Congratulations Amy! We are so impressed that you would go to such lengths to make a housewarming gift for us. Thank you, and don't worry about the corners, Jeff says he doesn't want any hard things to snag body parts on--- :) Tina

Camille said...

What a beautiful quilt ! I love the pinwheel design and bright colors - it reminds me of springtime.