Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Hunt is ON....

With the Easter season come a lot of things. Warmer weather - sort of, plants and trees waking up, grass turning green, Cadbury mini eggs (yum!), more attention to the Resurrection of our Savior and The annual Easter Egg hunt at my parent's house. I love Easter - I love it more when it falls in May. Why?
Warmer weather and more flowers for my Easter Egg Hunt photos. This little tulip was the only flower blooming in my mom's backyard. Oh well, I can't control the weather - yet. Inspite of the imperfect environmental conditions this was the best egg hunt yet! My dad, husband, two brothers and sis-in-law hid 72 eggs for 3 kids and one baby to find. They did an awesome job of hiding the eggs. There were plenty of 'no-brainers' for the little ones and some tough ones for the older girls. What was really hysterical was my dad standing on the back porch giving the girls hints as to if they were 'hot' or 'cold'. It was even better when he stood there saying how cold they were as they picked up an egg he couldn't see.
Little Miss Talia was SUPER excited about the plastic eggs. My new sis, Julia, helped her find a few and she was in HEAVEN!

Bowen was all over the egg huntin'. Gave those girls a run for their money, he did!Jade actually found more eggs than Kenzie did and Kenzie was NOT happy about that!
My brother, Aaron, hid this one. I don't know how long it took to balance it on it's end like that. It was so funny to watch the girls try to find this one :)

This wasn't hard to find but I thought it was clever.

This one was in the drain pipe. Personally, I wouldn't have hid an egg in there. Spiders. I also wouldn't have fished an egg OUT of there. Spiders.






1 comment:

amanda said...

You have such a cute family. Next time you are up this way give us a shout. I'd love to see you.