Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our Jade is 7 years old - practically an adult! All she wanted was to have a party on her birthday (March 25). So, guess how I spent my Wednesday? We kicked off the festivities with a high-power game of 'Butterfly Bingo'. Then, I let the girls each decorate their own cupcake. Next, the lighting of candles, singing of songs, and blowing out of said candles. When I do the cupcake thing I let each child have one candle to blow out. Of course, eating cake and ice cream was next. Followed by presents. Bowen was so jealous he couldn't function. Had to send that child to his room because he was killing the party atmosphere. I got Jade 'Thumbelina' and after the presents were done I parked the kids in front of the TV until the parents came to claim their young. My mom was the real hero of the day for coming down to hold the baby so that I could be crowd control with two useable arms and hands.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am capable of amazing things and that I have many superpowers. Decorating cakes is NOT one of them. I'm extremely impressed by people who possess this superpower, but it is not my gift. Jade said that she wanted a white cake with a big red daisy flower in the middle and small pink flowers in the corners. UGGH! My specialty is sprinkles. No shapes or elaborate designs - sprinkles. I drew the flower on a sheet of paper then cut the flower out. I placed the paper on the frosting and shook red sugar sprinkles all over it. Then carefully peeled the paper off and Presto! Big red daisy.
Jade is such a sweetheart! She's kind to everyone and extremely thoughtful. When she gets candy at school she always shares with Kenzie. She loves to play with Kenzie and Bowen and she ADORES Talia. When she grows up, Jade wants to write books for children. She already tells people that she is "an author of children's stories". She's constantly creating little books which she writes and illustrates. We feel so lucky to have Jade in our family - we love you Jade-Jade!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Happy birthday Jade! It looks like it was a fun day. Your flower cake was cute, but ditto on the cake decorating. It isn't my thing either...I am not even good at frosting! Par had big, specific plans for his cake as well (like a cannon that could really shoot!) I ended up buying some pirate legos, spent half and hour putting them together, and plopped them down on top of the cake! Guess we can't all be great at everything!