Kenzie could hardly wait for March to get here so she could dance in front of an audience. She is such a little diva! Rob said that the more people cheered the bigger she smiled. Jade danced the best I've seen her. Kenzie loves dance class and Jade endures it. She doesn't care for early mornings - she gets that from her dad. They both felt very fancy and looked beautiful in their costumes. They had a lot of fun - and that's the most important thing!!
Yes - that's me!! I don't know that these are the best pics of me - but my outfit looks pretty cool! I wasn't sold on the head scarf or the pants (yes, those are pants). But when you get the whole thing together it looks good. I do love my pom-pom hip skirt - I think it's the best one in the group. I dance in a Tribal bellydancing troupe as opposed to a Caberet troupe. The basic difference is more clothes & less jiggle. Tribal has stronger bolder moves and Caberet has smaller more delicate moves. It's like being Xena instead of Snow White. After our dance, while we were waiting for our group photo, a couple of Middle-Eastern women tracked me down and asked if they could take a picture. I knew they were from the Middle-East because one of them was wearing a Burka (spelling ??). She was the real deal, too. I could only see her eyes, she was even wearing black gloves. The other woman was just wearing a Muslim head scarf. They were so nice and I wanted to talk to them for much longer than I was able to. But - they said that I looked the best in my troupe - that my dancing was very good and that I looked very authentic. Talk about making my day!!! I figure, a girl in a burka probably knows her bellydancing - so a compliment from her is pretty awesome.



2 comments:
How fun!!!!! I wish your pic could get bigger so I could get a closer look.
Amy, you never cease to amaze me...marathons...belly dancing...the list could go on and on.
Post a Comment