Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Raining Teeth!!

On Wednesday, Kenzie lost a tooth. It was the second of her two front teeth. Thank heavens! She was starting to look a little 'Hillbilly' with one baby tooth half in and one adult tooth half grown.
Today, Friday, she wiggled another one free! Check out this smile - yikes! Watching the kids lose their teeth is pretty darn entertaining (in a completely gross sort of way). Kenzie's first tooth was loose for at least 2 months before it finally came out. Towards the end she could twist it all around and make it stick straight out-we all did this. The thing never sat right (disgusting). Now she's a professional and just 'works it' till the tooth comes out. Growing up is SO much fun!!

4 comments:

Camille said...

I don't know if we're coming to the farm or not...we've had sick kids all week and haven't planned more than a day ahead. I should go see grandma, now that I can ride in the car without losing my lunch. Are you coming up?

I ordered my onion plants from Pinetree Seeds (www.superseeds.com). You can usually find them at your local nursery from now until whenever they're out. Sometimes even Lowe's or Walmart (I saw some there last week) will carry them. I ordered my shallot bulbs from Pinetree also, but you might be able to find them locally as well. Onion sets are easily found and grow well too. Leek - either order them or start your own ASAP. They germinate really quickly but take a long time to mature. I've never seen them at a nursery, but maybe you have a really nice one that carries them.

Onions really are a piece of cake to grow - the only problem I've had is planting them in with other crops...The onions were finished growing and didn't need to be watered anymore but the other plants did. So my onions didn't store well. This year I don't care so much because I'm planning to chop and dry them all. Then I only have to smell like chopped onion once!

Jess said...

you've got to love a toothless smile.

RickAndGina said...

You got your railings all painted!!!!! They look really cute!

RickAndGina said...

They didn't get it home. They had to hike like 6 miles to it and didn't have nearly enough water so they didn't feel like they could make it out with it. But yes, someone told us that they are good to eat. It is much nicer weather than what your having..... no contest! Snow, yuck!