Monday, October 27, 2008









This is the result of my "set it and forget it" method of gardening. We grew 11 banana squash and 8 pumpkins! The biggest of the banana squash weighed in at 39 pounds. Wow. Just like our garden, the kids are growing like crazy. Kenzie is 8, Jade is 6, Bowen is 3, and Talia is a whole 4 months old.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

And what exactly does one do with a 39 pound banana squash?? (Besides take cute pics of their kids by it, of course)

Good job getting the blog going. It looks great!

Rob and Amy said...

Interestingly enough, banana squash is one of the few things my kids LOVE to eat. The squash will actually keep all winter in the basement - you know how I am about food storage. By the way, the best way to cut them is with an axe. I never thought that I'd need a 'kitchen hatchet' - but here I am stealing the axe from my 72-hour kit. Yes, I have a hatchet in my kit. So when the time comes I'll be defending my 72-hour kit with an axe.

RickAndGina said...

Cute pics of the kiddies!!! I can't believe how big they are. I feel like I olny see them once a year.

The G-Funk! said...

Hi Amy! This looks like a good start on the blog.

I had no idea you have four kids now!

Emily said...

Amy,

Yeah!! Im so happy you started a blog! It has been an awesome outlet for me & great for my family to see what the kids are up to. I talked to Cam about Thanksgiving, sounds great! I'll see you guys then. You are more than welcome to stay here if you want! Take care!!
Em