Sunday, December 27, 2009

Family Vacation Post #4 Redwoods

Yes, we drove through a tree.

This was my favorite part of the trip!! I've been campaigning for a trip to the redwoods for several years. There are a couple of marathons that run through the trees - one is on my list of things to do. I loved, loved, loved the forest.
We took the kids on the Boy Scout Trail. It's 2.6 miles long. Kenzie and Bowen made it all the way. Tali and Jade were about 2 tenths shy.

The kids ran almost all the way in - screaming and laughing at the top of their lungs the whole way. They were playing some sort of game where they were forest fairies.
I've seen pictures of the forest in books and on TV. I've seen the forest in movies (Jurassic Park, Star Wars). You just don't experience the majesty of the trees until you're right next to them. It was like being in another world.




















1 comment:

RickAndGina said...

How fun!!!! I didn't even know you were there. I loved, loved the Redwoods. I love that climate so much. I think Katie has it made living in Seattle. Glad you guys got to see all that fun stuff. The kids are so big!