Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another Fabulous Girl's Week - Washington State

My sister, Katie, lives in Port Orchard, Washington. She decided to have a Lia Sophia jewelry party for her birthday and her friend Kristy (who lives in Kaysville, UT) is a demonstrator. No problem, me and my travel buddy Carrie and Kristy all piled into a car together (with Carrie's one year old, Nadia, and my one year old, Talia) and headed to Washington.



In order to call this a "Business Convention" and write off the expenses, Carrie and I had to find some locally owned craft stores. We are excellent at finding these places and this place is especially awesome! I think it's called "A Good Yarn Shop". First of all, it's in a Victorian style building that's painted purple. Second, they were in the process of having a "knit in" which they hold the 3rd Friday of every month - all are welcome, I checked. I asked them if you had to knit to hang out with them or if I could bring my tatting along and work on that. They would be perfectly delighted to have me come and tat whilst they knit. They order dinner from the place next door and the place next door delivers it. Seriously, can you feel ENVY oozing from this page! There we were encircled by crafty girls doing their crafty-girl things and we had our one year olds and Katie and Kristy were probably bored out of their minds. I could have stayed all night. The next time I go up there it will have to be over the 3rd Friday of the month so I can go hang out at the yarn store.

Carrie and I decided that you can't come this far and be so close to Seattle and not go there. So, with babies in tow, we headed for the ferry. The ferry journey (hereafter referred to as 'the odyssey') is deserving of a blog entry all it's own so I'll skip that for now.



Here is a used bookstore that we wanted to go into but couldn't on account of other drivers on the road were being hateful and driving badly. I took a picture so that we could find it again someday.



Here is the AMAZING sunset that happened while we were walking along the waterfront.


Here is the car we parked next to in the pricey parking lot.


We had dinner at the Pike Market. It's really too bad we missed the fish-throwing guys. We were hoping to see them live and in action since we have seen them in morale-boosting training videos for work.


What would a road trip of ours be without some sort of pit-stop mishap? It would be someone else's trip, that's what. So, we stop at this gas station to top off the tank (in Boise). And then we go in to use the bathroom and they told us we COULDN'T! Excuse me....What....are you SERIOUS? What gas station won't let a paying customer in to use the bathroom. Well, it's this place - in Boise, ID. Then we wanted to give back the gas we just bought and get a refund. That not being in the realm of possible things, we went to a Cheveron to buy coke and snacks and use the bathroom. Okay, so that potty break in California - it had the worst bathroom ever, but at least they let me use it.







2 comments:

RickAndGina said...

Glad you had a fun trip! Rick and I loved it there. I keep telling Katie that we are coming again, but I don't want it to be too cold so i'd better get on it.

Will and Ellen Pecchia said...

Jackson gas stations are infamous for restricting bathroom use. I once boycotted one 2blocks from our house in North Carolina because I was pregnant and needed to Go, they said no...lost 5yrs worth of our $$$. We went to the other gas station! Ha!