Sunday, May 17, 2009

Marshmallows and FIRE!!!

Marshmallows and Fire. Two of my favorite things. Any of you who went to Girl's Camp with me know what an accomplished firestarter I am. Those same girls plus anyone in the family who's been to the campout at the farm know that I'm a REALLY good marshmallow toaster.Almost every Sunday we barbeque - even in the winter. Rob's a total grillmaster. He's definately better at cooking meat than me. He even wired speakers outside so he could listen to the radio while he grills. A couple of years ago, we got one of those backyard fire pit things - and it totally ROCKS!!! In the summer we LOVE lighting a little fire and toasting marshmallows. The kids think it's pretty darn AWESOME as well. Rob is almost as good at lighting fires as I am. He's almost as good at toasting marshmallows, too.

I know you're thinking that those flames are way too big to be any good for doing marshmallows. Well, that's just how good we are. We can toast a mallow over an open flame without turning it into a "boy scout torch". Seriously, who wants to WAIT for the fire to cook down? NOT ME!

Rob kept trying to sabotage my cooking spots by rearranging the fire. GRRRR!
The funniest tonight was giving the girls the low-down on how to properly toast a mallow. They think our way is no good - yet they are insanely jealous of our fabulous mallows. They have ZERO patience. I LOVE these hot summer days and warm summer nights!!!



4 comments:

Carrie said...

That first picture of the glowing marshmallow is very cool!

The G-Funk! said...

I can definitely attest to your fire starting and marshmallow toasting skills. I'm thinking that if you have a resume, it's not complete without this included in your skill section.

RickAndGina said...

Is that a hot tub? I don't recognize your back yard at all. The last time I was there it looked very different. How funny are my comments? People probably think "they aren't a very close family" I feel so out of the loop down here.

RickAndGina said...

I was totally outta there! We were packing up camp and he picked up one of the chairs and it fell on the ground and I was like "eww snake snake!" then I saw that little tail and yelled "rattle snake rattle snake!" in motion running towards the boat. It looked like a baby to me, but I guess its a breed of sidewinder and are more poisonous. Gag!!!